April 30, 2012 - Escaped residential debris burns continue to be a leading cause of fire suppression calls in Nevada County. Learning to safely and cleanly burn vegetation debris helps to minimize smoke emissions and allows firefighters time to respond to true emergencies. It is your responsibility to know and follow local and state burning regulations. Failure to follow these regulations is a misdemeanor offense and you may be fined and prosecuted for the expense of containing a wildfire.
- Learn the Who, What, Where & When of Burn Permits
- Watch a Residental Burn Demonstration video to learn how to conduct a proper residential debris burn
- Get the Burn Day Information Number
- Learn alternatives to burning
- Get links to more information
- Learn about Campfire safety
By submitting a comment you consent to our rules. You must use your real first and last name, not a nickname or alias. A comment here is just like a letter to the editor or a post on Facebook. Thank you.