- Incident Name: Easy, Ventura County
- State: CA
- Lead Agency: VCFD
- Size (acres): 1,806
- Percent Contained: 100%
- Estimate of Containment: November 2, 2019
- Personnel: 700
- Structures Destroyed:
Easy, West Easy Street and West Los Angeles Avenue, Simi Valley in Ventura County. Evacuations and road closures in effect.
October 31, 2019 at 8:44 PM
Red Flag Warning in effect
• Repopulation plan implemented and ongoing
• No immediate threat to FRA
• Federal resources no longer assigned
October 31, 2019 at 8:17 AM
CHP Moorpark update:
Freeway clean-up done. Due to spot fires, we have the following road conditions:
– SB SR-23 open.
– NB SR 23 #1 lane open
– SB SR 23 from Tierra Rejada On-ramp closed.
– NB SR 23 to Tierra Rejada off-ramp closed.
Tierra Rejada at SR 23 closed.
October 31, 2019 at 8:13 AM
More than 1,000 firefighters are continuing to battle a wind-driven brush fire in Simi Valley. Currently it stands at 1,648 acres with zero percent containment. Approximately 30,000 community members are under mandatory evacuations and 2,000 under voluntary evacuations. The cause remains under investigation.
Mandatory evacuations: West of Madera Road, North of Olsen Road, East of Santa Rosa
Rd/Andalusia Dr., South of Highway 118.
Voluntary evacuations: West of Sunset Hills/East Olsen Road, North of East Olsen Road,
East of Morning Ridge Ave, South of Sunset Hills Road.