Find this information useful? YubaNet is powered by your subscription
The annual Nevada County Board of Supervisors (BOS) workshop is set to kick off tomorrow. After a review of the board’s priorities for 2021, departments will present the objectives for the coming year and new board objectives will be finetuned for 2022. No formal action or votes will be taken, any action items will be brought to the BOS at a later date.
Day 1: Wednesday, January 19, 2022 (full agenda here)
After an introduction and a review of the agenda by County Executive Officer Alison Lehman, and a 30-minute public comment period, the following topics will be discussed:
- Board of Supervisors Objectives in Review
- Supervisors’ Report on the “State of the District”
- Financial Update
- Emergency Preparedness Objective
- Economic Development Objective
- Western Nevada County Community Foundation
Day 2: Thursday, January 20, 2022 (full agenda here)
- Cannabis Objective
- Capital Facilities Master Plan and Projects Updates
- Community Choice Aggregation
- Homelessness Objective
- Broadband Objective
- Housing Objective
- Public Information/Outreach Strategy
Day 3: Friday, January 21, 2022 (full agenda here)
- Recreation Objective
- Legislative Update
- Review of Board Process
- · 2022 Order and Decorum
- · 2022 Vision, Mission and Value Statements
- American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 (ARPA) and General Fund Allocations
- Review and Finalize 2022 Board Objectives
- Board of Supervisors Debrief and Wrap-up
Ways to comment:
During special meetings of the Board of Supervisors, public comment is only taken on items appearing on the agenda. See below for the various ways members of the public may provide comments regarding topics being discussed during the three-day special meeting, only at the beginning of first day, January 19, 2022:
1) In person: Gold Miners Inn Ballroom, 121 Bank Street, Grass Valley CA 95945. (face coverings are mandatory for all individuals, vaccinated and unvaccinated, except those specifically exempt pursuant to CDPH guidance.)
2) Leaving an eComment at www.mynevadacounty.com/boardmeetings.
3) Writing a letter to the Board of Supervisors at 950 Maidu Ave., Suite 200, Nevada City, CA 95959.
4) Emailing BOS.PublicComment@co.nevada.ca.us.
If there are more than 10 speakers waiting to provide comments, the Chair may limit the time to two minutes per person. All written comments must be received prior to 4:00 p.m. the day before the start of the three-day special meeting, Tuesday, January 18, 2021, in order for them to become part of the public record.
How to watch
1) Watch from inside the Gold Miners Inn Ballroom, 121 Bank Street, Grass Valley, CA 95945. (To provide for social distancing, seating for members of the public will be limited to up to 20 individuals.)
2) Watch at a viewing station located inside the Gold Miners Inn Lobby, 121 Bank Street, Grass Valley, CA 95945. (Face coverings are mandatory for all individuals while inside the Gold Miners Inn, inside either the Ballroom or the Lobby: vaccinated and unvaccinated except those specifically exempt pursuant to CDPH guidance).
3) View at www.mynevadacounty.com/boardmeetings.
4) View on Nevada County Media Channel 17 in western County.
5) View on Suddenlink Channel 78 in eastern County.