NEVADA CITY, Calif. May 24, 2019 – This Saturday and Sunday, May 25th and 26th, are your last opportunity to take advantage of the five free green waste disposal sites throughout Nevada County. The Fire Safe Council has partnered with the County of Nevada and Waste Management to provide these free green waste disposal sites.
The program has been astoundingly successful, last weekend over 83 tons of green waste were collected at the Fairgrounds alone. Thanks to the volunteers who staff the sites and make this community effort possible.
This program is designed for residential green waste only, and participants are responsible for unloading their own vehicles. Dumpsters will be available for depositing green waste. Acceptable items include: biomass consisting of all tree and plant trimmings, dead plants, weeds, leaves, branches, and similar materials that fit into a Green Waste Cart. Please note, items with a diameter greater than 6 inches, tree stumps, root balls, and household waste will not be accepted.
The Residential Green Waste Disposal Program will be open to the public
free of charge, 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. at the following locations:
- Peardale-Chicago Park Fire Station 57, 18934 Colfax Hwy, Grass Valley
- Owl Creek, corner of Owl Creek Rd. & Jones Bar Rd, Nevada City
- La Barr Meadows – 12270 La Barr Meadows Dr., Grass Valley
- Lake Wild Wood Campground, between the Main and North gate on Pleasant Valley Rd,
- Higgins Fire Station 21, 10106 Combie Rd, Auburn, CA 95602
If one or several sites are full, we will update you as soon as possible via Happening Now and our Twitter and Facebook feeds.
Other ways to handle your green waste: