NEVADA CITY, Calif. October 10, 2018 – The Nevada County Board of Supervisors proclaimed October as the United Way of Nevada County Campaign Kick-Off Month in Nevada County.
The BOS unanimously approved the resolution below and posed for a photo with Megan Timpany, United Way’s Executive Director.
RESOLUTION PROCLAIMING THE MONTH OF OCTOBER 2018 AS UNITED WAY OF NEVADA COUNTY CAMPAIGN KICK-OFF MONTH IN NEVADA COUNTY
YubaNet is powered by your subscription
- WHEREAS, United Way of Nevada County is celebrating its thirty-sixth year in the community and its mission is to improve lives by mobilizing the caring power of our community; and
- WHEREAS, it brings together sixteen (16) partner agencies to provide services that address a broad range of issues, including education, income and health, and makes contributions that are focused in a more collaborative fashion; and
- WHEREAS, the various agencies of United Way help children and adults achieve their potential through education and mentoring programs, help families and seniors become financially stable and independent by supporting basic needs and improve public health by increasing access to critical health care services and reducing substance abuse, child abuse and domestic violence; and
- WHEREAS, the strategic goal for United Way of Nevada County is to exceed $300,000 in yearly donations by 2018; and make a community impact in the area of basic needs, specifically access to health care, food and emergency shelter; and
- WHEREAS, United Way of Nevada County 2018 campaign motto is “Be the ONE, Make an IMPACT, Live United” with the funds staying and working locally within the County of Nevada.
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT HEREBY RESOLVED by the Board of Supervisors of the County of Nevada, State of California, that the month of October 2018 is proclaimed as the United Way of Nevada County Campaign Kick-Off Month in Nevada County.