NEVADA CITY, Calif. October 22, 208 – Today, Oct. 22nd, is the last day for eligible Nevada County residents to register to vote and have a ballot mailed to their residence.
You can register online at the California Secretary of State’s website or in person at the Nevada County Elections Office. Certain voters facing life-threatening situations may qualify for confidential voter status. For more information, please contact the Safe at Home Program or visit the Secretary of State’s website.
Check your registration status online here: https://voterstatus.sos.ca.gov/
You can register to vote in Nevada County if:
- You are a citizen of the United States
- You reside in Nevada County
- You will be at least 18 years old at the time of the next election
- You are not in prison or on parole for the conviction of a felony
- You have not been found by a court to be mentally incompetent
You will need to re-register to vote if you moved, changed your name or change you political party affiliation.
If you register after today (Oct. 22, 2018) you still will be able to vote in the General Election, but you will not receive a ballot in the mail.