Find this information useful? YubaNet is powered by your subscription
The emergency department at Sierra Nevada Memorial Hospital does not provide COVID-19 testing unless a person has a medical need for emergency department evaluation. They have had a significant influx of families and other community members showing up to the emergency room for just a test, which is having a tremendous impact on hospital operations, according to a spokesperson for the hospital.
If you need a COVID test in western Nevada County, here are some options:
OptumServe: 231 Colfax Avenue, Grass Valley, CA 95945
- Testing is available for anyone, whether or not you have insurance.
- You must pre-register and schedule an appointment at
- https://www.lhi.care/covidtesting or call 1-888-634-1123.
- For assistance scheduling a COVID-19 test, contact 211 Connecting Point at 1-833-DIAL211 to speak to a local call specialist.
- Appointments are available Monday-Saturday, 7:00 am to 3:00 pm in Grass Valley and Monday-Friday, 7:00am to 7:00pm in Truckee. Return time for results may vary and can be expected within 2-7 days.
Walgreens: 880 Sutton Way, Grass Valley, CA 95945
- (530) 271-1021
- Free PCR COVID-19 Testing for Ages 3+
- Contactless COVID-19 testing
Rite Aid: 720 Sutton Way, Grass Valley, CA 95945
- (530) 273-7399
- By appointment only
- Drive through only
- Age 4-17, with parent or legal guardian consent, and attendance and supervision of the minor at the testing appointment
- Willing to sign COVID-19 Public Health authorization form and lab consent
Your doctor may offer COVID-19 testing. Call your doctor’s office for more information.