April 20, 2017 – Looking to gain experience in recreation management or trails? Want to have fun working in a beautiful mountain environment in the Tahoe National Forest? We might have something for you! The Tahoe National Forest is currently recruiting High School Students for our Youth Conservation Corps Program (YCC).
- Be at least 15 years of age at the start of enrollment and must not reach age 19 before completion of the program
- Be a US citizen or permanent resident of the United States, its territories, or its possessions
- Provide or be able to obtain a work permit as required under the laws of the applicant’s home state
- Provide a valid U.S. Social Security number or have applied for a valid Social Security number
- Have at least a 2.0 GPA and be in good standing with you school. Provide a copy of your transcripts.
- Be able to fulfill the essential functions of the assigned work with or without a reasonable accommodation
- Working experience in recreation management, trails and natural resources.
- Affords members the opportunity to work and learn alongside federal employees in a wide range of natural and environmental projects
- Assists youth to develop a life-long ethic of environmental stewardship and civic responsibility through team-based work projects and individual placements
- Works to instill young adult awareness and appreciation of the public lands legacy and of the nation’s natural, cultural and historic resources
Approximate dates of employment for these vacancies Mid-June 2017 through Mid-August 2017.
How to Apply:
The online application can be found at http://fsweb.asc.fs.fed.us/HRM/employment/FORMS/YCC_Application.pdf, applications can be picked up at Tahoe National Forest Supervisors Office, or request one by email send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org with the heading “YCC application”. Please submit applications to Tahoe National Forest Supervisors Office Attn: Cecilia Reed at 631 Coyote St, Nevada City, CA 95959 or by email to email@example.com with the heading “YCC application”. Deadline to submit applications is April 30, 2017 selections will be made in early May.
Please contact Cecilia Reed at 530-478-6263 or at firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions or for information on the local program. More Information on YCC can be found at https://www.fs.fed.us/working-with-us/opportunities-for-young-people/youth-conservation-corps-opportunities