SACRAMENTO, Calif. Jan. 26, 2017 – Inspiring travel to The Golden State, the 2017 California Visitor’s Guide is now available to order online – just in time for National Plan for Vacation Day, coming up on January 31. With a cover featuring author/fitness icon Gabrielle Reece and pro surfer Laird Hamilton at Point Dume State Beach in Malibu, the official state guide once again invites readers to explore California through vivid photography and one-of-a-kind features.
“With so much to explore in California, from icons like The Golden Gate Bridge and the Hollywood Sign to hidden gems all across the state, the California Visitor’s Guide helps travelers plan their perfect trip,” said Caroline Beteta, Visit California president & CEO. “Filled with beautiful California imagery and enticing original content, readers won’t be able to put it down until they come to experience the state firsthand.”
The guide features more than 600 travel tips and ideas; insights and suggestions from California insiders; and a heavy emphasis on new attractions and destinations. Produced by Time Inc. editors, designers, and photographers, the approximately 200-page publication is a high-end, visually driven guidebook to the Golden State, and includes expansive features on California’s 12 distinct regions, from Shasta Cascade in the north all the way south to San Diego.
Additional features inside the 2017 California Visitors Guide include:
- Cookbook author and Instagram icon Ayesha Curry’s answers to the 10-query California Questionnaire, sharing tidbits about her culinary habits, her favorite California experiences, and her husband, two-time NBA MVP Stephen Curry.
- An inspirational look at a few of California’s amazing spas and wellness resorts from the Bacara Resort & Spa in Santa Barbara and the Ojai Valley Inn & Spa to Mayacamas Ranch in Calistoga.
- A detailed feature on some of the amazing theatrical productions available at theme parks throughout the state, ranging from the acclaimed Frozen spectacle at Disneyland Resort to the 30-minute Special Effects Show at Universal Studios Hollywood.
- An infographic guide to California’s amazing state parks, highlighting one in each of California’s 12 tourism regions.
- A visually driven celebration of the many different types of red wine produced in the state from light (2015 Rose of Pinot Noir, Moshin Vineyards, Healdsburg) to dark (2014 PMV Syrah, Beckmen Vineyards, Los Olivos).
- A playful guide to stargazing in the Golden State — including celestial bodies, celebrities, and marine life – when they shine the brightest and where.
- And tips on how to Catch the Winter Wave at California’s epic mountain resorts, from Snowkiting to Fat Tire Biking and more only-in-California winter experiences.
To read this and more, order your free California Visitor’s Guide at www.VisitCalifornia.com.
For more information on National Plan for Vacation Day, an initiative by US Travel’s Project: Time Off to encourage Americans to declare their vacation time for the rest of the year, at the start of the year, visit http://www.projecttimeoff.com/planforvacation.
Visit California is a nonprofit organization with a mission to develop and maintain marketing programs – in partnership with the state’s travel industry – that keep California top-of-mind as a premier travel destination. According to Visit California, spending by travelers totaled $122.5 billion in 2015 in California, generating 1,064,000 jobs in the state and $9.9 billion in state and local tax revenues. For more information about Visit California and for a free California Official State Visitor’s Guide, go to www.VisitCalifornia.com.