August 26, 2019 – The National Weather Service in Sacramento has issued a Fire Weather Watch for lightning, which is in effect from Wednesday morning through Wednesday evening.
* AFFECTED AREA includes the West Slope Sierra Nevada, the Shasta County mountains, and the northern portion of the Northern Sierra Foothills.
* THUNDERSTORMS: Potential for dry thunderstorms with little or no rainfall associated with them.
* Timing: Wednesday morning through Wednesday evening.
YubaNet is powered by your subscription
* WIND: Upslope or southwest winds 5 to 15 mph. Gusts up to 20 mph mainly over ridges and higher peaks.
* HUMIDITY: Minimum 10-20 percent.
* IMPACTS: Fire starts from dry lightning.