Sign up for our free fire, storm and safety newsletter to receive the latest news about wildfires and public safety updates from our region.
June 11, 2020 – County of Nevada Office of Emergency Services (OES) and YubaNet.com are co-hosting a virtual town hall covering topics related to wildfire prevention and preparedness in the Greater Truckee Region on Thursday, June 11 from 12:00pm to 2:00pm. The community is invited to ask questions of panelists from the Nevada and Placer County wildfire preparedness arenas.
The following agencies and organizations have confirmed participation in the town hall:
• CAL FIRE
• California Highway Patrol
• Fire Safe Council of Nevada County
• National Weather Service Reno
• Nevada County Office of Emergency Services
• Nevada County Sheriff’s Department
• Placer County Office of Emergency Services
• Placer County Sheriff’s Department
• Tahoe National Forest
• Truckee Fire Protection District
• Truckee Police Department