March 22, 2020 – City of Nevada City buildings are closed to the public beginning Thursday, March 19. The closures are in response to the Governor Newsom’s Executive Order N-33-20 (“Order”), directing all individuals living in the State of California to stay home or at their place of residence.
“We continue to reiterate that the health and safety of Nevada City citizens, our employees and the entire community is our highest priority,” City Manager Catrina Olson said. “The City desires to comply with the Order. We understand that closing City buildings and curtailing non-essential City services is a very serious one, but one that is necessary during this public health crisis.”
YubaNet is powered by your subscription
• The Nevada City Police Department and Fire Department will continue full operations, but PD and Fire building lobbies will only be accessible by appointment or in an emergency.
• The City’s Water, Wastewater, and Public Works departments will continue full operations.
• The City Planner will be working remotely for the duration of the COVID-19 health crisis. Face-to-face interactions with the public will be limited. Please plan to correspond through email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Permit reviews will be handled electronically to the extent feasible. If necessary, special arrangements may be made for project material to be dropped off for review.
• The City’s Administration Department will continue with essential services only. Customer Service will be answering phones during business hours and will assist in helping customers via email and phone. In person services will be discontinued until further notice. Utility payments may be made online, mailed in or dropped off outside City Hall.
• Pioneer Park and all rental facilities are closed and programs have been cancelled. If you have questions about future rentals or programs contact Dawn Zydonis, the Parks & Recreation Manager at email@example.com or 530-265-2496 x129. Dawn will be working limited hours during this time.
• Nevada City Council meetings will be held as scheduled until further notice, following social distancing procedures and with only essential business items on the agenda. The public is encouraged to submit public comments in advance to City Manager, Catrina Olson at firstname.lastname@example.org and to view meetings live on the city’s website.
City of Nevada City leadership will monitor public health recommendations, evaluate procedures and make changes accordingly. For ongoing City updates related to COVID-19, visit www.nevadacityca.gov