Find this information useful? YubaNet is powered by your subscription
November 16, 2020 – During today’s news conference, Governor Newsom announced updates to the tier system due to the recent, unprecedented surge in rate of increase of cases. 41 counties, including Nevada County, are now in the purple tier. 11 counties in red, 4 in orange and only 2 counties are in the yellow tier. This change is effective tomorrow.
California Department of Public Health updated the tier guidelines as follows:
- Tier assignments may occur any day of the week and may occur more than once a week when the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) determines that the most recent reliable data indicate that immediate action is needed to address COVID-19 transmission in a county.
- Counties may be moved back more than one tier if CDPH determines that the data supports more intensive intervention. Key considerations will include the rate of increase in new cases and/or test positivity, more recent data as noted below, public health capacity, and other epidemiological factors.
- The most recent reliable data will be used to complete the assessment.
- In light of the extreme circumstances requiring immediate action, counties will be required to implement any sector changes the day following the tier announcement.
- Full details on the Blueprint are available in CDPH’s Blueprint for a Safer Economy framework.