At their Tuesday meeting, the Nevada County Board of Supervisors (BOS) unanimously approved the list of board objectives for 2022.
Each year, the Board of Supervisors identifies their annual priorities in January during the Board Workshop. Board priorities aim to address community challenges and are used for the management of County operations, programs, and services and support the 2022/2023 budget development process.
In alphabetical order, the priorities are:
- Broadband – Equitably expand broadband to support economic development, distance-learning, telework, telemedicine, and general quality of life for all residents by championing the implementation of Nevada County Broadband Strategy Plan policies and last-mile infrastructure projects.
- Cannabis – Maintain and continue to improve the cannabis permitting and enforcement program to promote permitted cannabis activities while implementing additional on-site supply chain license types and tools to mitigate impacts.
- Economic Development – Promote economic development by emphasizing resiliency and entrepreneurship; retaining and attracting high quality jobs; investing in major infrastructure projects; and working with local, state and federal partners to support our small business, nonprofit, and tourism sectors.
- Emergency Preparedness – Lead the community in all hazards planning, preparedness, response, and recovery with a focus on wildfire. Do this by focusing on improving countywide evacuation routes and safety, continuing to strengthen early alert and critical communication systems, partnering closely with residents in emergency preparedness, defensible space, home hardening, green waste disposal, and fire-safe land stewardship.
- Fiscal Stability and Core Services – Maintain the County’s financial stability and core services.
- Homelessness – Leverage partnerships, housing first, and sustainable reforms in order to continue efforts to prevent homelessness, provide emergency shelter, expand supportive services, secure housing, and enhance coordination to address the needs of the homeless population and to mitigate impacts on the community.
- Housing – Coordinate with local jurisdictions, developers, and other partners to facilitate development of, and access, to affordable and workforce housing development.
- Recreation – Promote sustainable recreation in partnership with community providers and other jurisdictions to enhance recreational access, support public health and safety, realize economic opportunities, and preserve natural resource assets.
How would you rank Nevada County’s priorities?