SACRAMENTO, CA, Oct. 12, 2017 – The California Department of Tax and Fee Administration (CDTFA) is offering tax relief to those impacted by the fires throughout the state.

Governor Edmund G. Brown Jr. issued an emergency proclamation for Butte, Lake, Mendocino, Napa, Nevada, Orange, Solano, Sonoma, and Yuba counties due to the effects of multiple fires, including the Atlas, Canyon, Cascade, Cherokee, LaPorte, Lobo, Potter, Sulphur, and Tubbs fires. Business owners and other tax and fee payers affected by these fires may request extensions to file returns and relief from penalties and/or interest.

Tax and fee payers for the programs below can request relief from penalties and/or interest and ask for an extension of time to file their tax or fee returns either online or by calling CDTFA’s Customer Service Center toll-free at 1-800-400-7115 (TTY: 711), Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (Pacific time), excluding state holidays.

Sales and Use TaxesOil Spill Response and Administration Fee
Lead-Acid Battery FeeLumber Products Assessment
Underground Storage Tank Maintenance FeeChildhood Lead Poisoning Prevention Fee
Natural Gas SurchargeIntegrated Waste Management Fee
Energy Resources SurchargeOccupational Lead Poisoning Prevention Fee
Emergency Telephone Users SurchargeCovered Electronic Waste Recycling (eWaste) Fee
Cigarettes and Tobacco Products Taxes and LicensingMarine Invasive Species Fee (Ballast Water Management Fee)
Water Rights FeeCalifornia Tire Fee
Fuel Taxes (Diesel Fuel Tax, Interstate User Tax, Use Fuel Tax, Motor Vehicle Fuel Tax, Jet Fuel Tax)Hazardous Substances Fees (Environmental Fee, Generator Fee, Disposal Fee, Facility Fee)
Mobile Telephony SurchargeTimber Yield Tax

Important Notice: Recent legislation created the California Department of Tax and Fee Administration (CDTFA) to administer the taxes and fees previously collected by the Board of Equalization, with the exception of Property Tax, Alcoholic Beverage Tax and Insurance Tax. Additional information concerning this recent change can be found at and ​at For more information on other taxes and fees in California, visit the California Tax Service Center.