Stanislaus County February 20, 2017 – Due to volatile changes in forecasts for upcoming storms, Turlock Irrigation District is making preparations to open the Controlled Spillway Gates at Don Pedro Reservoir as early as – BUT NO EARLIER THAN – 3 p.m. on Monday, February 20, 2017. Landowners, growers and those living along the Tuolumne River, out of an abundance of caution, should undertake necessary steps to protect their property and livestock as Tuolumne River levels will rise quickly.
In anticipation of opening the Controlled Spillway Gates TID will begin to de-energize power lines along the Tuolumne River channel at approximately 10:00 a.m. 978 TID electrical services along the Tuolumne River channel from La Grange to the confluence of the Tuolumne and San Joaquin Rivers will lose power. The purpose of de-energizing power lines is to ensure the safety of the residents as the Tuolumne River begins to rise quickly.
TID has planned to start the power de-energization from the Don Pedro Dam working to the confluence of the Tuolumne and San Joaquin Rivers. The de-energization process will take approximately 18 hours, so not all of the affected services lose power at one time.
Stanislaus County OES has notified the affected residents through www.stanaware.com of the intended power outages.
Both TID and Stanislaus County OES will continue to provide updates for those residents without power throughout the day. In addition, the Sheriff’s Office Mobile Field Force (MMF) will be out making notifications in person to ensure residents are aware of the power outage, what resources will be available and information on care and shelter in the event it is needed.
Sandbags are now available at the following locations –
• City of Modesto – 501 N. Jefferson Street, Modesto (next to City Corp Yard at Washington and Elm)
• Patterson Corp Yard – 16215 Baldwin, Patterson
• Oakdale Fire Station – 325 E. G Street, Oakdale
• Stanislaus County Corp Yard – 1716 Morgan Road, Modesto
• For emergencies, dial 911
• Stanislaus County Office of Emergency Services Public Information Line 8AM-8PM: 209-552-3899 or 1-877-216-5702
• Flood Safety Checklist: http://www.stanemergency.com/naturalDisasters/weather.shtm
• Information on mold/moisture in the home (California Department of Public Health): https://www.cdph.ca.gov/programs/IAQ/Documents/MMIMH_English_201610.pdf
• Don Pedro levels and Tuolumne River releases at www.tid.org/flows
• Red Cross Shelter is now at the Stanislaus County Fairgrounds: 1-571-439-1942