Glenn County is hosting emergency bottled water distribution events in October for residents impacted by dry wells resulting from the current drought. In addition to the emergency bottled drinking water, vouchers will be available for showers at the Pilot Travel Center in Orland.
The drought emergency distribution events are coordinated by the Glenn County Sheriff’s Office – Office of Emergency Services (OES) and the Glenn County Administrative Office with assistance from the Volunteers In Partnership with the Sheriff (VIPS) and the Orland Volunteers in Police Services (VIPS).
Bottled Water & Voucher Distribution Event:
Dates: Wednesday, October 6th and 20th, 2021
Time: 4 to 6 p.m.
Location: Orland Fire Department, 810 5th St., Orland, CA 95963
- Must be a resident of Glenn County.
- Residents must complete a Glenn County Well Incident report.
- Resident must document that they have a residential well that has gone dry due to drought.
- Residents with running water to their house are not eligible.
- Bottled Water case limits are based on product size, type, and supply.
- Shower vouchers limited to two vouchers per person per week for a household.
* Please do not bring donations to the water distribution sites. We are unable to accept donations at the site.
Glenn County has received 210 reports of well related incidents. Of the 210 reports, 148 selected the dry well designation. All reports are from private landowners; no community water systems have been impacted in Glenn County. Residents can file a Well Incident Report online at: www.countyofglenn.net/Drought select Well Incident Report from the menu. This report can be completed from a computer or smart phone. If you do not have access to a computer or smart phone, staff will be onsite at the distribution events with tablets to assist residents with completing the report. In an effort to update our information, residents who previously filed a Well Incident Report whose well has recharged or been repaired are encouraged to contact the Planning Department. Please email us at email@example.com or call 530-934-6540. For additional information: www.countyofglenn.net/Drought or access us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/glenncountysheriff or Twitter @GlennCountyOES .