July 26, 2019 – County of Nevada Office of Emergency Services will conduct a test of the Code Red Emergency Alert system August 15, 2019 at 10:00 a.m.
All of Nevada County, including Nevada City and Grass Valley residents, are advised to prepare by registering for Code Red Emergency Alerts one of the following ways:
- Online at ReadyNevadaCounty.org/EmergencyAlerts
- Text ReadyNevadaCounty to 99411
- Call 211 or 1-833-DIAL211
Code Red Emergency Alerts will display as originating from 866-419-5000 or 855-969-4636 on caller ID. Residents are encouraged to save these numbers to their phone contacts.
The Town of Truckee will conduct a simultaneous test of the Nixle emergency alerts system which serves Town of Truckee residents. Truckee residents are encouraged to register for Nixle emergency alerts, in addition to Code Red. Truckee Police Department and Truckee Fire Protection District provide the primary emergency notifications to Truckee Residents via Nixle.
Town of Truckee residents and visitors alike can sign-up for Nixle messages by texting 888777 with the Truckee zip code of 96161 for pre-event messages and emergency notifications.
Both Code Red and Nixle are high-speed mass notification systems designed to notify Nevada County and Town of Truckee residents in the event of an emergency. Emergency alerts are one of many communication tools utilized by the local government in the event of an emergency, and testing these systems is an important part of emergency planning.
These tools are not a guaranteed source of information, and residents should be prepared and remain situationally aware.
- Learn more at ReadyNevadaCounty.org/EmergencyAlerts
- Follow Office of Emergency services on Twitter @NevCoOES and Facebook @NevadaCountyOES for updates and tips on how to prepare.
- Follow Truckee Fire Protection District on Twitter and Facebook @TruckeeFire.
- Follow Truckee Police Department on Twitter and Facebook @TruckeePolice