April 4, 2019 – The Tahoe National Forest suffered the tragic loss of one of our own. Daniel Laird was tragically killed in a helicopter crash March 27th, during a prescribed fire on the Sam Houston National Forest in Texas.
Tragedies of this nature serve as a reminder of the honorable work and sacrifices made by firefighters like Daniel, who daily commit themselves to support and protect communities around the country. We are gathering all of the details of this tragic event and will share them as we can.
The following is the current list of memorial events to honor Daniel:
- Public viewing: Friday, April 5th from 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. at Ullrey Memorial Chapel, at 817 Almond Street, Yuba City, CA
- Processional: Saturday, April 6th from approximately 9:30 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. from Ullrey Memorial Chapel to Sutter Cemetery at 7200 Butte House Rd. Sutter, CA
- Graveside Service:Saturday, April 6th at 10:00 a.m. This is a family service and seating is limited but they have invited any members of the U.S. Forest Service, other agencies and the public to attend as room allows.
- Family Arriving: The Laird family will be arriving from the cemetery, to the House of Bread Church, through the Cordon of Honor between 11:30 – 12:30.
- Memorial: Saturday, April 6th at 2:00 p.m. at the House of Bread Church, at 6521 Hazel Ave. Orangevale CA 95526.
Letters of condolence may be sent to the family via the Tahoe National Forest Supervisor Office at 631 Coyote Street, Nevada City, CA 95959. Flowers can be sent to The House of Bread Church at 6521 Hazel Ave. Orangevale CA 95526.