The Draft EIR (SCH #2020070378) for the Idaho-Maryland Mine Project is now available for review. Public comment on this document is invited for a 60-day period commencing on January 4, 2022 and ending on March 4, 2022. For more information, the Notice of Availability, Draft EIR and other project materials, are now available for public review and download on the Nevada County website at: www.mynevadacounty.com/IMMRise.
A printed copy of the Draft EIR is available for public review at the following locations during normal business hours:
- Nevada County Planning Department, 950 Maidu Avenue, Suite 170, Nevada City, CA 95959
- Madelyn Helling Library, 980 Helling Way, Nevada City, CA 95959
- Grass Valley Library – Royce Branch, 207 Mill Street, Grass Valley, CA 95945
- Bear River Library, 11130 Magnolia Road, Grass Valley, CA 95949
- Doris Foley Library for Historical Research, 211 North Pine Street, Nevada City, CA 95959
- Penn Valley Library, 11252 Pleasant Valley Road, Penn Valley, CA 95946
- Truckee Library, 10031 Levon Avenue, Truckee, CA 96161
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Planning Department highly recommends scheduling an appointment ahead of time to review the Draft EIR.
A Special Public Meeting before the Nevada County Planning Commission will be held on February 23, 2022, beginning at 9:30 a.m. in the Board of Supervisors Chambers at the Eric Rood Administration Center, 950 Maidu Avenue, First Floor, Nevada City, CA 95959 to receive comments from public agencies and the public on the adequacy of the Draft EIR. Future notice of public hearings will be provided in accordance with Nevada County noticing requirements.
For information on how to participate in the Special Public Meeting, please see the Agenda, which will be available at least five (5) days before the meeting at: https://www.mynevadacounty.com/AgendaCenter/Planning-Commission-10
All comments on the Draft EIR, must be received in writing by the County of Nevada no later than 5:00 pm on March 4, 2022, to be considered.
Comments must be submitted in writing (email or hardcopy) and be directed to:
Senior Planner, Nevada County Planning Department
950 Maidu Avenue Suite 170
Nevada City, CA 95959-7902
or in email Idaho.MMEIR@co.nevada.ca.us
To learn more about the project, review documents, view the basic project timeline, sign up for email, please visit the County’s website: www.mynevadacounty.com/IMMRise.