Find this information useful? YubaNet is powered by your subscription
This summer, the Office of Emergency Services will be at the Nevada City First Friday Artwalk, the Grass Valley Thursday Night Market, and the Nevada County Fair to help residents prepare for wildfire. While out on the town or on your way to Treat Street, stop by the Ready Nevada County booth to learn more about opt-in CodeRED emergency alerts, how to find your evacuation zone, what to do when a Red Flag Warning has been issued, and how to prepare in advance of a prolonged planned power outage due to extreme fire weather. Running errands? Ready Nevada County emergency preparedness materials are also available at the Eric Rood Administration Center, local fire and police stations, as well as libraries.
This year’s fire season has begun. Drought conditions and high temperatures are creating conditions for what could be another historic season. Take the time now to prepare to set you and your family up for success.
- Register for CodeRED Emergency Alerts
- Know Your Evacuation Zone. Find it @ Community.Zonehaven.com
- Have your Go-Bag on hand with enough medication, water, and food to last at least one week.
- Have a battery-powered radio on hand. (KVMR is the official emergency radio station for Western Nevada County, 89.5 and 105.1 FM.)
- Connect with your 5 Emergency Allies and share the news about the Red Flag Warning.
- Understand evacuation status definitions*
- Park your vehicle towards the roadway.
- Be sure you have a full tank of gas.
- Keep pets nearby and have a plan to transport large animals.
- Always check towing equipment and eliminate dragging hazards.
- Do not use equipment outdoors that may create a spark.
- Never burn.
Emergency Preparedness Toolkit
Are you hosting a Firewise Community meeting or neighborhood get-together? Set the stage for your meeting by playing the Ready, Set, Go! and Know Your Zone films. Check out the Emergency Preparedness Toolkit for helpful resources like handouts, home-hardening Fact Sheets, and the Ready Nevada County YouTube playlist.