Find this information useful? YubaNet is powered by your subscription
April 1, 2021 – Starting today, Nevada County Public Health has opened up vaccine eligibility to everyone 16 and older at our Public Health clinics. Statewide, everyone 50+ is eligible at all vaccine providers as of today.
We want to make sure that our rate of community vaccinations stays as fast as possible and that people who are ready to get vaccinated can get an appointment. Public Health has seen the availability in our appointment scheduling system increase in the last few weeks, so we have opened up eligibility for Nevada County Public Health clinics to everyone 16 and older.
- Everyone 50+ is eligible at all vaccine providers, including Public Health clinics.
- Everyone 16+ is eligible at Nevada County Public Health clinics.
How to get an appointment when you are eligible
- Appointments for 50+ and eligible employment sectors:
- As of today, everyone 50 and older is eligible statewide, plus people who work in health care, education and childcare, food and agriculture, and emergency services. For a detailed list of eligibility, check our Vaccine Schedule page.
- See our Vaccine Provider page for info on available appointments at individual providers.
- Use MyTurn.ca.gov or 1-833-422-4255 for Public Health clinics. We release appointments Fridays at noon.
- Appointments for people 16 and older:
- Public Health appointments are available via MyTurn.ca.gov or 1-833-422-4255 for our clinics in Grass Valley.
- We post new appointments every Friday around noon for the following week.
- Vaccine is free and you don’t need insurance to get your dose. However, if you have insurance, have your insurance info ready when you book your appointment via MyTurn.ca.gov.
- Pfizer is the only vaccine that 16 and 17 year old’s can receive. Everyone 18 or older can receive all vaccine types. If you are 16 or 17, make sure you are signing up for a Pfizer vaccine clinic only. Public Health’s Whispering Pines clinics are Pfizer. 16 and 17 year old’s must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at their appointment.
- People 16 and older will be eligible statewide starting April 15 statewide.
More than 46,000 doses of COVID-19 vaccine have been given in Nevada County
- CDC guidance on what you can and can’t do once you are fully vaccinated (fully vaccinated means two weeks after your final dose).
- You are not jumping the line if you are eligible! Every vaccine administered is a win for the whole community.
- Please make every effort to keep your second appointment for Pfizer and Moderna vaccines. Every dose is precious.
- If applicable, you need to receive your second dose where you received your first dose. Public Health cannot schedule second dose-only appointments.
Please stay informed as this is an evolving situation
- We are in Red Tier. Please wear a mask, don’t gather, stay socially distance and stay home when you can so we can move to a less restrictive business tier as soon as possible. If you are fully vaccinated, continue to wear your mask in public, don’t attend large gatherings, and social distance when in public.
- Text VACCINEINFO to 898211 to receive text updates from Public Health straight to your smartphone. Subscribe for those same alerts via email by filling out this online form.
- Call 211 (1-833-DIAL211) with questions about your tier or other general questions about COVID-19.
- YubaNet will be hosting weekly, short webinars every Thursday at noon to provide updates on COVID-19 and vaccine distribution in Nevada County. Register here – only one registration for all webinars is required.