Nevada County is developing an exciting plan to help guide future improvements for the Higgins Corner area in the South County region. The Greater Higgins Area Plan is a planning effort with two key goals:
- Establish a comprehensive future vision for the area integrating culture, commerce, and housing while supporting the unique community character and culture of the South County area.
- Serve as a blueprint for future development, with guidance on:
- Land Use
- Economic Development
- Transportation and Circulation
- Public Facilities and Services
- Recreational Opportunities
- Design Goals, Guidelines, and Standards
As part of the project, the County is conducting an extensive community engagement process to hear from community members about goals and vision for the future of the Greater Higgins area. The second of four community workshops will be held on Wednesday, March 2, 2022, from 6:00 pm to 7:30 pm on Zoom. The meeting will include a presentation, followed by a discussion in small groups. Review the flyer or share it with friends.
A project webpage at www.GreaterHigginsAreaPlan.com provides information about the project and allows visitors to sign up for an email list to stay informed about the plan.
If you have any questions, please contact Kyle Smith, Associate Planner, County of Nevada Community Development Agency at 530.265.1222, Option 2 or firstname.lastname@example.org.