Find this information useful? YubaNet is powered by your subscription
Nevada County is developing an exciting plan to help guide future improvements for the Higgins Corner area in the South County region. The Greater Higgins Area Plan is a planning effort with two key goals:
- Establish a comprehensive future vision for the area integrating culture, commerce, and housing while supporting the unique community character and culture of the South County area.
- Serve as a blueprint for future development, with guidance on:
- Land Use
- Economic Development
- Transportation and Circulation
- Public Facilities and Services
- Recreational Opportunities
- Design Goals, Guidelines, and Standards
As part of the project, the County is conducting an extensive community engagement process to hear from community members about goals and vision for the future of the Greater Higgins area.
This third of four community workshops will be held on Wednesday, May 4, 2022, from 6:00 pm to 7:30 pm on Zoom. Community members will learn more about this exciting project, review conceptual design and development options for future growth in the Greater Higgins Plan Area, and interact with other participants to identify development and circulation improvements. The meeting will include a presentation, followed by a discussion in small groups.
A project webpage at www.GreaterHigginsAreaPlan.com provides information about the project and allows visitors to sign up for an email list to stay informed about the plan.
If you have any questions, please contact Kyle Smith, Associate Planner, County of Nevada Community Development Agency at 530.265.1222, Option 2 or email the Planning Department.