Nevada County, CA – Join us from 12:00 to 1:30 p.m. on Friday, August 28th for a Town Hall to debrief on the Jones Fire.
- CAL FIRE Nevada-Yuba-Placer Unit Chief Brian Estes
- Nevada County Consolidated Fire District Deputy Chief Jerry Funk
- Nevada County Sheriff Shannan Moon
- Nevada County Sheriff Captain Mike Walsh
- Nevada County Emergency Operations Center Lieutenant Bob Jakobs
- Nevada County Office of Emergency Services Manager Paul Cummings
- California State Parks Sierra District Chief Ranger Matt Green
- Nevada County Fairgrounds Public Information Officer Wendy Oaks
- Nevada County Veterinary Disaster Response Team (Animal Evac) Pat Ehlers
- Nevada County Supervisor Sue Hoek
- Nevada County Supervisor Heidi Hall
YubaNet is powered by your subscription
The Jones Fire sparked early in the morning on August 17th from lightning causing a wildfire that had potential to move quickly in the South Yuba River Canyon off Jones Bar Road. Learn and ask questions about the joint public safety response from first responders, impacts to public lands, and support efforts from County departments and local partners.
The Town Hall will be live-streamed on YubaNet’s YouTube and available for later viewing.