Due to concerns about unhealthy air quality, KVMR has made the very hard decision to cancel the Wee Celtic Festival scheduled to happen (tomorrow) Saturday September 10th.   After consulting air quality experts as well as exploring some options to reschedule or move the event to an indoor venue, it was determined that we cannot continue to commit volunteers and staff to set up the festival in unhealthy conditions or ask performers, vendors and ticket holders to wait until further notice.  We will issue a full refund to all ticket holders for the Sept 10th event and work with all of those involved to reschedule it at a later date.  Details about refunds are forthcoming.

According to data from various air monitoring sources, air resource advisors and the experts from the Northern Sierra Air Quality Management District, smoke conditions in Nevada City are likely to be Unhealthy with periods of Very Unhealthy throughout the day on Saturday September 10th.  The worst smoke impacts will be midday, possibly clearing by late afternoon after 4 or 5pm.   Unfortunately, these predictions do not bode well for an outdoor event scheduled to begin at 1pm.

This is a fundraising event that we have once again had to cancel due to wildfire or pandemic related issues.  If you feel so inclined to donate to KVMR, to help us make up for loss in revenue, we would very much appreciate it. 

In the meantime,  our EMS services in Placer County are strained and calling on neighboring counties for help.   KVMR will now divert our staff and volunteers to the effort of informing and assisting our neighbors in need.

Thank you to all the performers, volunteers and Celtic lovers for their dedication and hard work to make The Wee Celtic Celebration happen.  We will find a way to hold this beloved event safely at a later date.