AUBURN, Calif. April 16, 2019 – Continuing their commitment to fire safety, Placer County and the Placer County Fire Safe Alliance are teaming up to host a free screening on April 17 of the documentary film “Wilder Than Wild.” The film focuses on the changing nature of California’s wildfires and is intended to encourage residents to take action to protect their properties.
The screening will be followed by a question-and-answer session with local fire and public safety experts to discuss preparedness efforts as well as evacuation planning. For a sneak peak at the film visit wilderthanwildfilm.org. For more on the Placer County Fire Safe Alliance visit placerfirealliance.org.
What: ”Wilder Than Wild” film screening
Where: Colfax Theatre, 49 S Main Street, Colfax, California 95713
When: Wednesday, April 17, 6 – 8 p.m.
Who: Moderator: Mark D’Ambrogi, Placer Sierra Fire Safe Council
YubaNet is powered by your subscription
- Holly Powers: Placer County Office of Emergency Services
- Ty Conners: Placer County Sheriff’s Office
- Brian Eagan: CAL FIRE
- Chris Paulus: Forest health specialist
- Elisa Noble: Placer County Resource Conservation District
- Ann Hobbs: Placer County Air Pollution Control District
- Luana Dowling: Placer County Firewise Communities program