November 9, 2020 – At 10:04 pm, a magnitude 2.6 earthquake rumbled through the Foothills. The quake originated south of Brownsville and no damage has been reported.
The quake originated at a depth of 0.6 km (0.37 mile) depth near the Foothill Fault System, also called the Spenceville fault.
- Challenge-Brownsville, California 6.9 km (4.3 mi) NNW
- Loma Rica, California 19.4 km (12 mi) WSW
- Lake Wildwood, California 19.6 km (12.2 mi) S
- Penn Valley, California 23.8 km (14.8 mi) S
- Grass Valley, California 25.6 km (15.9 mi) SE
If you felt the quake, please contribute to citizen science and report it to USGS here: https://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/eventpage/nc73480016/tellus