Sign up for our free fire, storm and safety newsletter to receive the latest news about wildfires and public safety updates from our region.
May 26, 2020 – Due to COVID-19, effective June 1, 2020, marriage licenses, ceremonies and marriage deputization will be issued by APPOINTMENT ONLY.
HOW TO MAKE YOUR APPOINTMENT
Print the Name Equality Act of 2007 form (PDF). Please sign and date the form. This must be submitted when you come in to get your marriage license.
Complete an online application. Save the confirmation number from your online application.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting an appointment. Please include your names, confirmation number and indicate if license only or license and ceremony. An appointment will be set up for you and we will respond with further instructions.
Our appointment times are between 9am-12pm and 1pm-4pm Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
- Both unmarried applicants must be present
- Both must have Valid Government photo identification, such as a driver’s license or passport
- Blood tests are no longer required as of January 1, 1995
- Applicants must be 18 years and older. If either party is under 18, you must contact the Juvenile Probation Department at 530-265-1300.
- Couples wanting a marriage ceremony and have more than eight (8) people attending will have to agree to have the ceremony conducted outside and to make specific arrangements with us.
- We suggest masks be worn
To start the process of making an appointment and for more information, please visit our website https://www.mynevadacounty.com/282/Public-Marriage-License-Requirements