GRASS VALLEY, Calif. JUNE 30, 2020 – Waste Management is reminding customers that the McCourtney Road, Washington and North San Juan transfer stations will be closed Saturday, July 4, in observance of Independence Day.
The facilities will return to normal business hours on Sunday, July 5. Those hours are:
• McCourney Road: Wednesday to Sunday, 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
• Washington and North San Juan: Friday to Tuesday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (Washington and North San Juan transfer stations closed Noon to 12:30 p.m.)
Curbside service for commercial customers with Saturday pickups will not be impacted.
Please remember to follow these rules when accessing a WM facility:
• Always wear a face mask.
• Always stay in vehicle unless directed otherwise by staff.
• Have sorted recycling materials in pickup bed, unlocked trunk or hatchback for staff to easily access and remove materials. Staff will not remove materials from back seats.
• Lower car window no more than three inches when conducting transaction.
YubaNet is powered by your subscription
Waste Management also reminds customers to be cautious when disposing of hot coals. Just as those coals helped to get the fire started while camping or for your backyard BBQ, they can also start a fire in a trash cart or in the back of one of our trucks.
Please follow these simple steps when discarding coals:
• Cool coals for several days before disposing.
• Do not use galvanized containers.
• Never place used coals in plastic, paper or wood containers.
• To speed the cooling process, carefully place coals in a metal container full of water to extinguish any residuals.
• Do not place other combustibles in the container with the coals or ashes.
Customers are encouraged to sign up for automatic alerts online at wm.com/mypreferences.