Find this information useful? YubaNet is powered by your subscription
NEVADA COUNTY, Calif. March 14, 2020 – On Friday March 13th the Nevada County Superintendent of Schools announced school closures beginning immediately and continuing until April 13th, 2020. Therefore, as the Bear River Library is housed within the school the Branch is closed and will remain closed until the school reopens.
The Grass Valley Library, Madelyn Helling Library, Doris Foley Library, Penn Valley Library and Truckee Library locations are currently open and on a normal schedule. To help follow social distancing guidelines and preventative measures the Nevada County Library is taking the following actions:
- Effective Monday March 16th, 2020 all Library programming is cancelled through April 12, 2020.
- Effective Monday March 16th, 2020 all events scheduled in the Gene Albaugh Community Room are cancelled through April 12, 2020.
- Various programs are being developed into virtual formats and will be announced on the Library website and Facebook page as they become available.
- The Nevada County Library system has increased cleaning and sanitation in all locations as much as possible. This includes encouraging Library staff and patrons to wash their hands frequently and to remain home when sick.
- Staff are encouraging patrons to maintain the 6 feet social distancing when in the Library.
- Library volunteers will be contacted and asked not to report until after April 12th to help minimize people in the library.
The availability of Library sites and programming are subject to changing conditions. Thank you for your understanding, patience, and cooperation during this time. We encourage the community to utilize the Library’s many digital resources such as eBooks, databases, and audiobooks available at www.mynevadacounty.com/library.
For more information on the Coronavirus (COVID-19) please visit: