Nevada City, CA April 1, 2020 – Nevada County contractors are invited to attend an informative webinar and roundtable webinar, “Resources for Construction Businesses to Navigate the COVID-19 Pandemic.”
Thursday, April 2nd, 4:00-5:30 PM Join Zoom Meeting: https://zoom.us/j/419653592
This public webinar is co-hosted by the County of Nevada, the Contractors Association of Truckee Tahoe (CATT), and the Nevada County Contractors Association (NCCA), with the Sierra Small Business Development Center.
The presenters will provide updates on:
• the definitions of construction as “essential work;”
• working with the County’s Community Development Agency on permits and inspections;
• best practices for workplace safety and physical distancing;
• HR and Unemployment;
• Direct support services and counseling for your small business;
• How to access the latest state and federal resources including the Paycheck Protection Program; and
• A Round Table discussion with contractors
• Craig Griesbach, County of Nevada, Director of Building
•Kristin York, Sierra SBDC
• Kristine Odell, Absolute HR
• Barbara Bashall and Libby Goldsmith, Nevada County Contractors Association (NCCA)
• Kellie Cutler, Contractors Association of Truckee Tahoe (CATT)
• Caleb Dardick, County of Nevada, CEO Liaison to Business Community
About the Nevada County COVID-19 Business Task Force:
The Nevada County COVID-19 Business Task Force is a network of County business leaders committed to the collaboration, education, and innovation needed to address the unprecedented challenges facing the region.
Businesses are encouraged to connect to the Task Force’s work:
- Find the latest business updates at: www.mynevadacounty.com/Coronavirusbusinessresources
- Subscribe to the listserve for latest information via email at: www.mynevadacounty.com/businessresourcessubscription
- Network on our Facebook group, “Collaborative Resources for Nevada County Businesses” (at: www.facebook.com/groups/260332114973091/)
The Task Force is staffed by the County of Nevada’s Executive Office that intends to provide a countywide information hub to support the local economy, linking the business community to available federal, state, and local resources.
Task Force members include leaders of countywide business organizations, nonprofits, and elected officials with an extensive reach to all sectors of the economy. To date, over 75 organizations such as the Chambers of Commerce, merchant associations, nonprofits, and others active in the economic health as well as the elected leadership of Grass Valley, Nevada City, and Truckee have joined the effort.