NEVADA COUNTY, Calif. May 12, 2020 – County of Nevada Office of Emergency Services (OES) and YubaNet.com are hosting a virtual town hall covering topics related to wildfire prevention and preparedness in Western Nevada County on Thursday, May 21. The community is invited to ask questions of panelists representing the best of the Ready Nevada County effort and the wildfire preparedness community. OES is coordinating with the Town of Truckee and will host a similar virtual event with a focus on Eastern Nevada County residents in the near future.
Current confirmed panelists include:
• Chief Estes, Fire Chief, Cal FIRE Nevada-Yuba-Placer Unit
• Chief Buttron, Fire Chief Buttron, Grass Valley/Nevada City Fire Department
• Chief Good, Fire Chief, Higgins Area Fire Protection District
• Chief Goodspeed, Fire Chief, Nevada City Fire Department
• Chief Turner, Fire Chief, Nevada County Consolidated Fire District
• Paul Cummings, Program Manager, Office of Emergency Services
• Lt. Robert Jakobs, Emergency Operations Coordinator, Office of Emergency Services
• Chief Bierwagen, Fire Chief, Peardale-Chicago Park Fire Protection District
“While coronavirus provides an element of complexity, it shouldn’t stop us from doing our part to get ready for wildfire season. The threat of wildfire will be here regardless of what phase of reopening we are in,” says Office of Emergency Services Program Manager, Paul Cummings.
“Living in beautiful Nevada County requires some extra effort from everyone. We hope this program is both informative and inspiring. There is a lot of work to do as we move into summer and it brings heightened fire danger. We all need to do our part,” adds Supervisor Scofield.
The virtual Zoom event will be moderated by YubaNet editor, Pascale Fusshoeller. Questions can be sent in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit the following link to register for the live Q & A event. https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/7915883776880/WN_Vk5_czejSaeWkaaT3LUxNw
What: Virtual Town Hall: Preparing for Wildfire in Western Nevada County When: Thursday May 21, 12:00 p.m.-2:00 p.m.
Where: Live Zoom Event on YubaNet.com