Find this information useful? YubaNet is powered by your subscription
The Nevada County Sheriff’s Office is looking for community members who live and/or work in Nevada County to join the second Annual Nevada County Sheriff’s Office Community Academy. The Community Academy is a program designed to give those with little to no law enforcement exposure or experience a chance to see what goes on “behind the scenes” at your Sheriff’s Office.
Participants will attend weekly classroom presentations regarding relevant law enforcement topics instructed by members of the Sheriff’s Office. In addition, participants will be given the chance to tour at least one sheriff’s operation. Participants will also be given the opportunity to apply what they have learned through a variety of exercises. By the time the Academy is complete; all participants will have gained new insight into the inner workings of the Sheriff’s Office and law enforcement in general. It should be noted this Academy is not intended to prepare participants for a career in law enforcement.
DATE: July 27 through October 12, 2022 (12 sessions)
TIME: Wednesday evenings from 6:00-8:00 PM
LOCATION: 950 Maidu Avenue, Nevada City CA 95959 Empire Room (2nd floor at the Rood Center) & a few offsite locations.
- Increase communication and build a relationship of trust and understanding between the Sheriff’s Office and the citizens of our community.
- Provide education and insight to community members concerning the job functions of a law enforcement officer and their role in keeping our communities safe.
- Foster a pool of well informed “graduates” who will share knowledge and insight with others Build a pool of alumni graduates.
Qualifications – Applicants must:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Not have any prior felony or misdemeanor convictions that imply moral corruption. Be able to handle graphic material.
- Live and/or work in Nevada County.
The deadline to submit an application is Monday, June 27, 2022
Completed applications can be submitted several ways:
- Print and sign paper application and mail or hand deliver to:
- Nevada County Sheriff’s Office
- ATTN: Community Outreach; Reserve Deputy Annica Hagadorn.
950 Maidu Avenue, Nevada City Ca 95959
- Fill out the online application and submit
- Online Application: 2022 NCSO Community Academy Application
In order for selected participants to receive the best possible experience, class size will be strictly limited to 20 students.
Selection will be based on factors designed to reach the broadest possible demographics of Nevada County.
For more information:
Email Reserve Deputy Annica Hagadorn: firstname.lastname@example.org