March 25, 2021 – Starting April 1, everyone 50 years old and older will be eligible to make an appointment for COVID-19 vaccine in California. Starting April 15, everyone 16 years old and older will be eligible for an appointment.
How to get an appointment when you are eligible
- Sierra Nevada Memorial Hospital is hosting a vaccine clinic this Friday, March 26th
- Call 530-737-6233 now to make your appointment
- This vaccination clinic is available for Nevada County residents or those who work in Nevada County age 65 & older, or if you meet the current Nevada County vaccine eligibility guidelines. This includes health care workers, education and childcare, food and agriculture, emergency services, and people 65 and older. For a detailed list of who is currently eligible, check our Vaccine Schedule page.
- Dokimos Pharmacy has a new on-line appointment system: https://book-ch.appointment-plus.com/ct8jel9s#/
- Public Health posts available appointments every Friday around noon. Appointments via Public Health are available via MyTurn.ca.gov or 1-833-422-4255
- Tahoe Forest Health System posts appointments here: www.tfhd.com/covid/covid-19-vaccine
- Truckee Safeway posts appointments here: www.mhealthsystem.com/1266covidclinic
- More detail on all providers at our Vaccine Provider page
Who is currently eligible for a vaccine appointment?
- All people in the state’s Phase 1A and Phase 1B are eligible right now to sign up for vaccine appointments. This includes health care workers, education and childcare, food and agriculture, emergency services, and people 65 and older. For a detailed list of who is currently eligible, check our Vaccine Schedule page.
- Starting April 1, everyone 50+ is eligible.
- Starting April 15, everyone 16+ is eligible.
More than 40,000 doses of COVID-19 vaccine have been given in Nevada County
- CDC guidance on what you can and can’t do once you are fully vaccinated (fully vaccinated means two weeks after your final dose).
- You are not jumping the line if you are eligible! Every vaccine administered is a win for the whole community.
- Please make every effort to keep your second appointment for Pfizer and Moderna vaccines. Every dose is precious.
- If applicable, you need to receive your second dose where you received your first dose. Public Health cannot schedule second dose-only appointments.
Please stay informed as this is an evolving situation
- We are in Red Tier. Please wear a mask, don’t gather, stay socially distance and stay home when you can so we can move to a less restrictive business tier as soon as possible. If you are fully vaccinated, continue to wear your mask in public, don’t attend large gatherings, and social distance when in public.
- Text VACCINEINFO to 898211 to receive text updates from Public Health straight to your smartphone. Subscribe for those same alerts via email by filling out this online form.
- Call 211 (1-833-DIAL211) with questions about your tier or other general questions about COVID-19.
- YubaNet will be hosting weekly, short webinars every Thursday at noon to provide updates on COVID-19 and vaccine distribution in Nevada County. Register here – only one registration for all webinars is required.