Find this information useful? YubaNet is powered by your subscription
August 28, 2019 – Red Flag Warning in effect from 8 am this morning to 8 pm this evening for lightning.
The National Weather Service in Sacramento has issued a Red Flag Warning, which is in effect from 8 AM this morning to 8 PM PDT this evening.
* Thunderstorms: Potential for dry thunderstorms with little or no rainfall associated with them.
* Timing: Wednesday morning through Wednesday evening.
* Wind: Upslope or southwest winds 5 to 15 mph. Gusts up to 25 mph mainly over ridges and higher peaks.
* Humidity: Minimum 15-25 percent.
* Impacts: Fire starts from dry lightning.
A Red Flag Warning means that critical fire weather conditions are either occurring now, or will shortly. A combination of gusty and erratic thunderstorm winds, low relative humidity, and warm temperatures can contribute to extreme fire behavior.