September 23, 2019 – Weather conditions, including potential fire risk, have been forecast that may impact electric service to portions of our service area. If these conditions persist, we may need to turn off power for safety in nine Northern California counties starting late afternoon and into the evening on Monday, September 23. Power will remain off until weather conditions improve and it is safe to restore service. Please note that outages could last for multiple days.
To see if a specific address is expected to be shut off or to view a map that outlines the potential outage area(s), visit Potential PSPS outage maps.
Locations for potential PSPS outages
The potential Public Safety Power Shutoff could affect about 124,000 customers in the following communities:
- Butte county: 22,920 (including 1,775 medical baseline customers)
- El Dorado county: 3,640 (including 184 medical baseline customers)
- Lake county: 12,840 (including 796 medical baseline customers)
- Napa county: 10,500 (including 228 medical baseline customers)
- Nevada county: 12,950 (including 642 medical baseline customers)
- Placer county: 22,180 (including 932 medical baseline customers)
- Sonoma county: 33,500 (including 1,043 medical baseline customers)
- Sutter county: 230 (including 4 medical baseline customers)
- Yuba county: 5,240 (including 333 medical baseline customers)
If you live in these communities, PG&E will attempt to contact you via telephone, text and email.
Community Resource Centers
To support customers in the potentially impacted counties, PG&E will open Community Resource Centers in multiple locations on Tuesday, September 24, at 8 a.m. The centers will be open during daylight hours only and will provide restrooms, bottled water, electronic device charging and air-conditioned seating for up to 100 customers each.
The centers are located at:
Auburn Gold County Fairgrounds
1273 High Street
Sierra College Grass Valley Campus
213 and 250 Sierra College Drive
Grass Valley, CA
3600 Taylor Rd.
Oroville Union High School
1674 3rd Avenue
Oroville, CA 95965
9185 Marysville Road
Yuba City, CA
PG&E will announce additional locations for Community Resource Centers tomorrow before the PSPS is initiated.