AUBURN, Calif. May 13 2019 – Continuing its commitment to fire safety, Placer County and the Placer County Fire Safe Alliance are teaming up to host a free screening on May 15 of the documentary film “Wilder Than Wild” in Foresthill. The film focuses on the changing nature of California’s wildfires and is intended to encourage residents to take action to protect their properties.
The screening will be followed by a question-and-answer session with local fire and public safety experts to discuss preparedness efforts as well as evacuation planning. For a sneak peek at the film visit: wilderthanwildfilm.org/ For more on the Placer County Fire Safe Alliance placerfirealliance.org/
What: ”Wilder Than Wild” film screening
Where: Foresthill Divide Middle School, 22888 Foresthill Rd, Foresthill, CA 95631
When: Wednesday, May 15, 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Who: Placer County and the Placer County Fire Safe Alliance
- Moderator: Gary Kirk
- Acting Battalion Chief Matt Slusher, Foresthill Fire Protection District
- Deputy Unit Chief Mike Webb, CAL FIRE
- Sergeant Ty Conner, Placer County Sheriff’s Office
- Assistant Director Holly Powers, Placer Office of Emergency Services
- Officer Robert Luthy, California Highway Patrol – Auburn Area
- District Ranger Mike Woodbridge, United States Forest Service American River