NEVADA CITY, Calif. August 8, 2016 – On Monday, August 8th from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm, KVMR and YubaNet invite you to a community conversation about the state of emergency in the Yuba canyon. Join us at the Nevada Theatre and participate in the dialogue.
Feel free to post your questions and comments here. We will try and answer as many questions as possible. If you comment below, please use your real name, thank you.
- Shelly Allen, Fire Chief , Tahoe National Forest
- Jennifer Hinckley, Forest Fuels Officer, Tahoe National Forest
- Matt Wallen, Battalion Chief CAL FIRE NEU
- Boyd Johnson, Battalion Chief, North San Juan Fire
- Don Wagner, Chief, Penn Valley Fire
- Matt Green, Chief Ranger Sierra District, State Parks
- Jeff Pettitt, Captain, Nevada County Sheriff’s Office
- Sean Powers, Nevada County CDA Director
- Josh Sunde, Battalion Chief, Nevada County Consolidated Fire District
- Caleb Dardick, SYRCL
The meeting is broadcast live on KVMR FM 89.5 and at kvmr.org
The goal of the meeting is to acknowledge the issue and gain a clear understanding of which agency is responsible for which portion of the river, who can enforce rules, and what can be done in the short and long term.