Find this information useful? YubaNet is powered by your subscription
Nevada City, Calif. June 25, 2021 —The U.S. Forest Service has ordered Fire Restrictions across the Tahoe National Forest effective Monday, June 28, 2021. The Tahoe National Forest has determined that it is necessary to order fire restrictions to protect natural resources and to provide for public safety.
“These forests and wildlands are part of our community. Keeping the community and public safe while providing for use and enjoyment is one of our priorities,” said Eli Ilano, Forest Supervisor for the Tahoe National Forest.
Tahoe National Forest Fire Restrictions Effective Monday, June 28, 2021:
- Building, maintaining, attending, or using a fire, campfire, or stove fire except within the charcoal grills or fire rings provided in the attachment Exempt Developed Recreation Sites.
- Smoking, except within an enclosed vehicle or building, within the recreation sites listed in the attachment Exempt Developed Recreation Sites, or while stopped in an area at least three feet in diameter that is barren or cleared of all flammable material.
- Operating an internal combustion engine off paved, gravel, or dirt National Forest System roads and trails, except within the Prosser Pits Developed Off-Highway Vehicle Area and boats on a water surface.
- Persons with a valid California Campfire Permit may use a portable campfire ring/pit, stove, or lantern in an area at least three feet from any flammable materials provided that the portable campfire ring/pit, stove, or lantern only burns gas, kerosene, jellied petroleum or pressurized liquid fuel and is equipped with a shut-off valve.
- Persons engaged in Forest Products Removal (fuelwood) are not exempt from Fire Restrictions, but may operate an internal combustion engine off National Forest System roads and trails only to the extent necessary to cut fuelwood, provided the cutting of fuelwood is done in compliance with daily Fire danger project activity levels. The daily fire danger project activity levels can be obtained by calling: (530) 478-6176.
A copy of the signed Fire Restriction Forest Order No. 17-21-03 will be available at www.fs.usda.gov/tahoe beginning Monday, June 28, 2021.