Sign up for our free fire, storm and safety newsletter to receive the latest news about wildfires and public safety updates from our region.
Nevada City, Calif. May 15, 2020 – The Tahoe National Forest is increasing access to the public by providing additional developed recreational opportunities. We encourage visitors to check our website and social media pages for the most up-to-date information on what is open so that you can plan your visit. You can also call your local ranger station during normal business hours Monday-Friday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
We continue to recommend that you recreate locally. All visitors should practice self-sufficiency during your visits to national forests. Recreating responsibly will help ensure that expanded access to recreational facilities, services, and opportunities continues. Responsible recreation practices should be maintained at all times, including:
• Maintaining at least six feet distancing from others
• Do not gather in groups and please follow the latest guidance from officials
• Communicate with others as you pass. Alert trail users of your presence and step aside to let others pass
• Pack out your trash and leave with everything you bring in and use.
• All services may not be available, so please plan accordingly.
For sites open on the Tahoe National Forest beginning May 15, 2020 please visit our webpage at https://www.fs.usda.gov/tahoe. Please click on the Tahoe National Forest Update May 15-21.