March 15, 2017 at 6:16 PM
– Earlier today, MacDonald was located in a parking structure near Mercy General Hospital in Sacramento.
– He was located by security personnel from the hospital.
– When he was found, he was bleeding from various wounds on his body, most of which were apparent knife wounds that had been sustained sometime during the night or morning.
– He was initially refusing treatment, but was taken into protective custody and treated at the hospital, where he was contacted by CHP personnel.
– At this time, he is being kept in protective custody for continuing medical treatment and possible transfer to a psychiatric facility. He may be arrested at a later time for the outstanding charges, or may be remanded to the courts in future prosecution at the discretion of the Nevada County District Attorney’s office.
– The stolen vehicle (2005 Toyota Corolla) was previously located by officers from the Sacramento Police Department a few blocks away from the hospital. It had been abandoned.
GRASS VALLEY, Calif. March 14, 2017 – At approximately 11:01 AM, CHP received reports of an extremely reckless Infinity sedan driving northbound on SR-49 from I-80 in the Auburn area. The vehicle was reportedly driving through red lights, passing vehicles in oncoming lanes, and driving in excess of 100 MPH at times. CHP officers located the vehicle driving northbound on SR-49, south of Grass Valley.
YubaNet is powered by your subscription
The driver, 24-year old Peter James MacDonald, failed to yield to officers and a pursuit ensued onto SR-20 W/B, through a portion of surface streets in Grass Valley, and ultimately out McCourtney Rd. The driver lost control and collided into an embankment and ditch near Bonnie View Way. He then fled on foot out the passenger side of his vehicle, into the woods and behind residential properties. CHP personnel began searching for MacDonald with assistance from the Grass Valley Police Department and Nevada County Sheriffs Department.
However, shortly after the search began, a residential burglary was committed in the area and a Toyota Corolla sedan was stolen. That vehicle was seen leaving the area. MacDonald is the primary suspect in the theft. Afterward, CHP received reports from the public of a reckless sedan matching that description driving southbound on SR-49 and then onto I-80 Westbound.
MacDonald has not been located and may have left the area. He also has a residence in Chico, CA, and may be returning there. Throughout the incident with him, he seemed very distraught and may be unpredictable and dangerous. We are requesting assistance from the public in locating him and getting help for him as soon as possible.
MacDonald was last seen wearing a white T-shirt and blue jeans. In addition to his physical description (White male adult, 24 years old, 6 ft. 4 in. tall, 180 lbs., brown hair) we are looking for the following stolen vehicle:
2005 Toyota Corolla sedan
Color: Tan with gold
License plate: 5NSG215