It is that time of year again, time to get your annual flu shot. It is easy to schedule Influenza and Covid vaccines at Western Sierra Medical Clinic. Flu shots are available without an appointment at our regular drop in vaccine clinics (details listed below).
There will also be a special flu and Covid booster clinic October 8th 9-1:30 at the clinic on Old Tunnel Rd in Grass Valley, no appointment needed. These clinics are open to all community members, not just Western Sierra Patients.
Annual influenza vaccine is recommended for most people 6 months and older. Those older than 65 should have a high dose flu vaccine. These are available at our clinic or at most local pharmacies as supply lasts.
The bivalent Covid booster is recommended for most people 12 years and older. It must be at least two months since your last booster. This is a booster that includes the original strain of Covid and the omicron strain, thus giving better protection during the upcoming flu and cold season. You may get both the influenza and bivalent Covid booster at the same time.
Please see the Vaccine Clinic schedule below.
844 Old Tunnel Road in Grass Valley
- Monday through Friday: Accepting walk-ins from 1 pm to 4 pm. (Wait times may vary.)
- For patients 6 months-5 years please call to schedule an appointment
3111 Professional Drive in Auburn
- Monday through Thursday: Accepting walk-ins from 10 am to 12 pm.
- For patients 6 months- 5 years please call to schedule an appointment.
- We offer vaccines in Downieville, King’s Beach, and Penn Valley by appointment only. Please call to schedule.
Western Sierra Medical Clinic