NEVADA CITY, Calif. July 12, 2018 – The Nevada County Concert Band continues its 47th season with the third of four Picnic Pops Concerts “Episode 7 – The Basses Strike Back” featuring big band, classic, jazz, folk, film, and popular music.
YubaNet is powered by your subscription
The theme connecting our summer concert series is “Star Wars,” but no need to travel to a galaxy far far away! The concert is also our 14th annual July Invitational Band event where musicians register and join the band for the day. This year, there will be around 115 musicians performing together on stage. The Nevada County Concert Band always puts on a great show!
* film music by John Williams from Star Wars “The Empire Strikes Back”
* the ever-popular “Light Cavalry (overture)”
* the grandiose fanfare from Lohengrin’s opera “Introduction to Act III”
* pop hits by George Harrison (The Beatles) and The Carpenters
* American folk tunes “Shenandoah” and more
* the rousing “Radetzky March”
* “The Bombastic Bombardon” featuring the bass instruments
Our family-oriented concerts are always FREE, accessible, and great for all ages. Come with your picnic, or enjoy treats from the hot dog or ice cream vendors. Dogs on leashes are welcome. Non-profit donations to support the band are gratefully accepted.
Sunday July 22, 2017 from 5:00-7:00pm
corner of Park Avenue & Nimrod Street, Nevada City, CA