May 19, 2017 – A copy of the Draft Nevada County Regional Transportation Plan (RTP) is available for review at the following locations:
- Madelyn Helling Library, 980 Helling Way, Nevada City, CA 95959
- Grass Valley Library Royce Branch, 207 Mill Street, Grass Valley, CA 95945
- Nevada County Transportation Commission, 101 Providence Mine Road, Suite 102, Nevada City, CA 95959
- Truckee Library, 10031 Levone Avenue, Truckee, CA 96161
- NCTC website at www.nctc.ca.gov
The public comment period runs from Friday, May 19, 2017 through Monday, June 19, 2017. Comments on the draft report are to be submitted to the Nevada County Transportation Commission by 5:00 P.M. on June 19, 2017. Comments received on the draft will be addressed and incorporated into the final report. Please send your comments to:
Mike Woodman, Transportation Planner
Nevada County Transportation Commission
101 Providence Mine Road, Suite 102 Fax: (530) 265-3260
Nevada City, CA 95959 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The purpose of the RTP is to document the short-term (2015-2025) and long-term (2025-2035) regional transportation policy direction, multi-modal regional transportation needs, and to set forth a financially constrained action plan to meet those needs. To qualify for federal and state funding, projects must be included in, or be consistent, with the plan. The Draft Nevada County RTP includes the projects that can reasonably be anticipated to be funded within the plan’s fiscal constraints. The RTP also identifies projects that can be implemented if additional funds become available.
The Federal Highway Administration and Federal Transit Administration have placed an emphasis on the development and implementation of a performance management approach to transportation planning and programming that supports the achievement of transportation system performance outcomes. A key focus of the RTP update was to transform the document to a performance-based planning approach that will bring a more systematic method of using information on transportation system performance to develop investment priorities, and guide outcomes for the transportation plan. The Draft Nevada County RTP has been prepared in compliance with the California Transportation Commission 2017 Regional Transportation Plan Guidelines and with the federal planning requirements.
The RTP is comprised of the following main elements:
- The Policy Element identifies transportation goals, objectives, performance measures, and policies to meet the multi-modal transportation needs of the region, and is the basis for the development of the Action Element.
- The Action Element provides a discussion of each component of the regional transportation system and transportation-related issues, and includes a short-term and long-term action plan.
- The Financial Element details the financial assumptions and revenue forecasts, and presents a financially constrained funding scenario in correlation with the Action Element of the RTP.
A supplement to the previously certified Program Environmental Impact Report (EIR) is being prepared in compliance with the California Environmental Quality Act. Once the Draft Supplemental Program EIR is completed it will be circulated for a 45-day public review period.
NCTC staff intends to present the Final Nevada County Regional Transportation Plan and Final Supplemental Program EIR to the Commission for adoption at their September 20, 2017 meeting.