September 10, 2019 – The Nevada Irrigation District redistricting process continues; Directors will take up the topic at 9:15 am during their meeting on Wednesday, Sept. 11.
Redistricting is the process of amending division boundaries to retain balance and equal representation. NID’s efforts are part of the commitment to ensure its five divisions are fair and equitable, and that the District is in compliance with the California Voting Rights Act.
During Wednesday’s Board meeting, Redistricting Partners, which is assisting the District with the process, will provide an overview, preliminary findings and an updated timeline.
Updated redistricting process schedule:
• Aug 28 1st Public Meeting – Completed
• Sept 11 2nd Public Meeting
• Sept 18 Initial draft maps published
• Oct 9 3rd Public Meeting. Draft Map Review
• Oct 16 Publish amended draft maps (if any)
• Oct 23 4th Public Meeting
• Nov 6 Publish final map
• Nov 13 Adoption
Read more about the Sept. 11 Redistricting Partners presentation here.
View the Sept. 11 meeting agenda here.