Auburn, Calif. February 1, 2019 – Eleven Placer County wineries carried home a total of 72 medals in the 2019 San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition (SFCWC). Out of 6,800 entries from 1,132 wineries across North America, Placer County wines impressed the judges across a variety of categories, earning a Best of Class, six Double Gold, eight Gold, 29 Silver and 28 Bronze medals.
“We are very proud of our Placer County vintners,” said Josh Huntsinger, Placer County Agricultural Commissioner. “Wine grapes have been in Placer County since 1848. Our wineries have proved they can hold their own against the better known California regions, and it’s all minutes away from our homes. These accolades are well deserved!”
The 2018 SFCWC winning wineries in Placer County include Black Vette Winery, Bonitata Boutique Wine, Ciotti, Fawnridge, Le Casque, Lone Buffalo, Mount Saint Joseph Wines, Mt. Vernon, Popie Wines, Secret Ravine and Wise Villa Winery.
This February is the perfect time to take your valentine on a tour of the Placer County Wine Trail to sample these award-winning wines. Visit placerwine.com for a trail map, a list of participating wineries, tasting room hours and more details.
YubaNet is powered by your subscription
Placer County Wine Trail – Valentines Day Weekend “Fall in Love with Wine” https://www.facebook.com/events/276837616319466/
- Black Vette Winery – One Silver & one Bronze
- Bonitata Boutique Wine – One Silver and two Bronze
- Ciotti – One Bronze
- Fawnridge – One Double Gold, one Gold and one Bronze
- Le Casque – One Double Gold, one Gold, three Silver and two Bronze
- Lone Buffalo – Two Silver and two Bronze
- Mount Saint Joseph Wines – Three Gold and two Silver
- Mt. Vernon – One Double Gold, four Silver and seven Bronze
- Popie Wines – Two Silver
- Secret Ravine – One Double Gold, two Gold, two Silver and one Bronze
- Wise Villa Winery – One Best of Class, two Double Gold, one Gold, twelve Silver and eleven Bronze