Rocklin, Calif. December 4, 2018 – On Saturday, January 26th, 2019, Sierra College and The Sierra Writers will host the Fourth Annual Writers Conference at the Grass Valley Campus. Doors open at 9:15 am for this full day of workshops.
Writers All…Are you ready to hone your craft? Collaborate with other writers? Get professional advice about your work? Then come to the Sierra Writers Conference to work on your process, join a community of writers, and participate in professional critique sessions. Join us for a day of learning, sharing, growing and being inspired to craft your words into the stories, articles and books that only you can write.
Schedule of Events:
9:15 Doors Open
10:00 Introduction by Sierra Writers and Sierra College
10:30 – 11:30 Workshops
- Mary Volmer: “The Cat and the Pickle Dish: Creating Compelling Narratives Using Details Foreign and Familiar”
- Gene Bergson: “Blacken Thy Page”
- Betsy Fasbinder: “From Page to Stage: Public Speaking Tips for Writers Before, During, and After Publication. OR From Page to Stage: Tips to Instantly Improve Your Public Speaking”
- Julie Baker: “Audience Development: How to Build and Earn the Audience for Your Writing.”
11:45 – 12:45 Workshops
- Sands Hall: “Fictional Techniques for the Memoirist”
- Larry Gold: “Lessons Learned after Writing Eighteen Novels”
- Patricia Dove Miller: “Spilling Family Secrets”
- Catharine Bramkamp: “Process: Turn Personal Stories into Compelling Fiction”
12:45 – 1:30 LUNCH WITH THE AUTHORS
1:30 – 2:30 Josh Weil, Keynote Speaker – “Into Your Fear: Writing What Scares You”
2:45 – 4:15 Critique Workshops
Mark your calendar now. Registration is now open, go to https://sites.google.com/view/sierrawritersconference2019/home to find out more.