Soroptimist International of the Sierra Foothills is pleased to announce the availability of funds to nonprofit 501c3 organizations which improves the lives of women and children in the community and throughout the world, consistent with their mission statement.
Proposals are due by March 1, 2021. The application form is available online at www.SierraSoroptimist.org . Please email the completed application to SISFMINIGRANTS@GMAIL.COM
Applicants will be notified the week of April 12.
Previously awarded grant recipients have included:
- Friendship Club- Peer Resource Project
- Child Advocates of Nevada County-Child Safety Puppeteers Program
- InConcert Sierra-Third Grade Education Concerts
- One Source Empowering Caregivers-Training materials
- Sierra Nevada Memorial Hospital Foundation-Read Me A Story
- Anew Day-Counseling Services
- Nevada County Diaper Project-Diapers
- NEO- Appliances for new kitchen
- Interfaith Food Ministry- Cooking classes
- San Juan Ridge Family Center- Enrichment programs for children
An estimated $85,000 has been awarded since 2013 for Mini Grants.
Soroptimist International of the Sierra Foothills raises funds for the Mini Grants and Live Your Dream Award through our annual Garden Tour on the third weekend in May and our Yard Sale in the fall.