November 1, 2018 – Fuels and fire personnel are conducting a burn up to 300 acres in the area of La Porte. The attached map shows the location of all prepped and ready units.
This burn is being carried out in conjunction with the TREX (Prescribed Fire Training Exchange) who have been helping prep and plan these units and will be actively engaged during burn operations.
- Project Name: St Louis Underburn
- Agency Contact: Jason Miller (BC-34): 530-532-7431
- Legal Location: T21N R9E Sections 17, 19, 20, 21
- Descriptive Location: Southwest of La Porte, Northeast of American House. Directly adjacent to La Porte Rd.
- Type of burn: Underburn
- Total Acreage: Up to 300 Acres
- Planned Ignition 11/1/18
- Duration of Ignition and Smoke Production: Ignitions expected to last 2 days. Smoke production for 3-5 days after ignitions are complete.
- Estimated Direction of Smoke Travel: Generally east
- Communities or Smoke Sensitive Areas: Smoke will likely impact the communities of La Porte, American House, and around Little Grass Valley Reservoir. Smoke and fire will be visible along the La Porte Rd. Traffic control may be utilized if necessary.